<VV> Corvair Fuel Mileage

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 20 22:11:04 EDT 2011

But I'm convinced the biggest reason manufacturers are including free maintenance and longer warranties is so they can sell their products in todays world. Yes modern cars will go 100k with only oil changes but they will still need air filters, brakes, lite bulbs,etc. Do the spark plugs really go 100,000 without some misfiring and setting off warning lites? Are "sealed" transmissions truly never needing oil changes as a car salesman may state? Or is it that "every" car driven really is in extreme use needing more maintenance than the manufacturers proclaim?
Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado 81301