<VV> Just got the 28, 000 mile Corsa dropped off - good news/bad news.

chaz at properproper.com chaz at properproper.com
Thu Apr 21 01:19:24 EDT 2011

Paul,

Too bad about that decklid !  If the damage is only to replacable parts
it my not be worth fighting them, but if they damaged the car, they owe
you to fix it.
You just have to prove that they damaged it.

Where was the car stored for all that time ?  Did you (or anyone)
inspect the car BEFORE it was shipped ?

At first it sounded like someone did not understand how to open a
Corvair deck lid and tried to pry it open ? (I once watched a RCMP
destroy a new Lincoln prying the door open rather than pop the door
button, which I did, and the door  opened easily.  One angry Mounty !)

Another explanation could be that they (either the storage or shipping
people) dropped the car or jammed the rear of the car when "packing" it,
and the lid edge caught on something on its way down, ripping the lid
latch out ?

Do you have any everidence that it was NOT damaged when they got it
(it's a knee-jerk reaction for mechanics and such to automatically
respond, "It was that way when I got it" knowing that most times the
owner can't prove otherwise.
Can't you prove it was NOT "that way" when they got it ?

Is there any damage to the underside of the rear lip, especially paint
smears or something that might identify what did the damage ?

Match the paint or indentations to whatever could have caused the
damage.

You have to prove that they did the damage, so some evidence might help.

Good luck !
Charlie