<VV> Fwd: quietest possible exhaust?

Ken Pepke kenpepke at juno.com
Thu Apr 21 07:47:18 EDT 2011

Exactly how good is your father's hearing?  Quiet is just fine for an automatic, not so much for a 4 speed.  Many a clutch has been toasted by elderly gentlemen bringing the engine up to an audible level before feathering in the clutch.  Odds are slim that they will be observing the tachometer rather than where they are going as they get the vehicle under way.  Just some food for thought.
Ken P