<VV> throttle adjustment

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Thu Apr 21 10:26:08 EDT 2011

Here's how I do it, this is pretty close to the shop manual procedure:

 - Disconnect the throttle rod at the engine.
 - Under the car, disconnect the rod from the front to the bellcrank (it has an adjuster on it).
 - Put the bellcrank in the horizontal (idle) position.  The end that connects to the front throttle rod should be as far to the rear as possible.
 - Adjust the rod end on the front throttle rod.  The gas pedal should be fairly high, so it's at a comfortable angle at cruise.  Most likely this is your problem.
 - Connect the front rod to the bellcrank.
 - Go back to the engine compartment, and adjust the throttle rod so it just slips in the hole in the cross shaft with the chokes open.   Run the adjuster in about 2 more turns so you positively have tension on the return spring.

--Bryan