<VV> throttle adjustment

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 23:06:58 EDT 2011

Howdy again,

     I did a lot of tinkering with the linkage on the 66' 140/4 the past
couple of days trying to get things working nicely.  I swapped on my 65'
linkage, which may have some bearing on the following problem.

It seems like I can't get full throttle from the pedal unless I slam it down
pretty hard... the travel just doesn't seem long enough.  I actually
adjusted the throttle rod (coming from the firewall) longer until the idle
started coming up and still did not get full throttle if I pushed the pedal
down slowly.

I assume that the problem is that I need to make an adjustment at the pivot
under the car but I've never tinkered with that before and don't know the
proper adjustment procedure.  I'm pretty sure I happened across it recently
in one of my books/manuals but I've spent the last hour looking through them
trying to find it without any luck.

Thanks,

--
Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez