<VV> 28,000 mil Corsa - better description of damage.

psergeant paulsgt at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 22 23:25:50 EDT 2011

Someone had it right (George?).  Let me see if I can describe it better,
On the bottom of the deck lid (left side) there is a small bracket that has two bolts holding it to the deck lid.  Holding the rectangle channel (that props the deck lid up) to the small bracket is a 'pin'.  It is almost like a rivet.  I believe from the factory it is mushroomed on one end to hold it onto the rectangle channel.  The other end of the 'pin' is the 'head'.  A larger flat/round surface.  The rectangle channel shows that the hole where the pin was has been ripped and almost ripped clean to the edge of the rectangle channel.  (I know a picture would be worth a 1,000 words).  The pin is nowhere to be found.  I can push the deck lid into a an extreme open position and not come within a half an inch of touching the body where the dents are from the impact of the deck lid.  You can even see where the hinges themselves have dented the body upward from being pushed open so far.  The funny thing is that there is no other visible damage to the deck lid.  Of course the hinges are now mis-shapen and holding the lid too far forward so the lid won't close.  It was however, closed and latched when the car was delivered.

TMI?

Paul Sergeant
65 Monza Convertible (110/PG)
61 Pontiac Tempest Safari Wagon
66 Corsa Coupe (140/4, 28,000 orig. miles)

CORSA since 1975
Member - Corvair Minnesota, CORSA, POCI, Little Indians