<VV> Pulled stud question

Karl Haakonsen cityhawk at sprint.blackberry.net
Sat Apr 23 19:19:10 EDT 2011

(Forwarding to list for closeup)

Thanks Bob, I will do that.

Btw, here is a sort of closeup:
http://www.chezhawk.com/VairBlog/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/IMG_0978-1024x768.jpg

Thanks!
Karl

From: BobHelt at aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2011 16:47:57
To: <cityhawk at sprint.blackberry.net>; <virtualvairs at corvair.org>
Subject: Re: <VV> Pulled stud question

In a message dated 4/23/2011 1:37:47 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
cityhawk at sprint.blackberry.net writes:

My  question, is there a repair for this over-sized, bungled hole in the
crankcase? Can one fill it back in and re-drill and tap it? Or do I have to
scrap the block?

Well, it's hard to tell the size of the insert from the photo (a closeup
would have helped). But my suggestion would be to contact Larry Claypool at
the  Vair Shop and get an oversize insert from him that will fit the hole in
your  block.
Regards,
Bob Helt