<VV> Pulled stud question

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Sat Apr 23 16:47:57 EDT 2011

In a message dated 4/23/2011 1:37:47 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
cityhawk at sprint.blackberry.net writes:

My  question, is there a repair for this over-sized, bungled hole in the
crankcase? Can one fill it back in and re-drill and tap it? Or do I have to
scrap the block?

Well, it's hard to tell the size of the insert from the photo (a closeup
would have helped). But my suggestion would be to contact Larry Claypool at
the  Vair Shop and get an oversize insert from him that will fit the hole in
your  block.
Regards,
Bob Helt