<VV> Pulled stud question

Ken Pepke kenpepke at juno.com
Mon Apr 25 07:49:36 EDT 2011

Karl:  You have received quite a number of good answers to this problem.  The unasked question is why did it happen in the first place?  Although the first repair is not one that is regularly seen, it is workable and should have solved the problem.  We know 68 and 69 blocks have areas which simply do not have enough original casting.  If you have some other year the problem may still be with the block casting in that area.  Because the original failed and an insert has failed, the safest answer is to have that area of the block welded solid, drilled, and re-tapped to fit an original stud.
Ken P
Wyandotte, MI
Worry looks around; Sorry looks back, Faith looks up.