<VV> Fuel issues Rampside

PETER INMAN monza1965 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 23 19:28:44 EDT 2011

I`m haveing trouble with the Rampside not getting enough gas through the see
through in line gas filter. Thats what I think anyways. I cleaned and sealed the
gas tank and ran all new fuel lines from front to back into the engine
compartment. Just before the line goes into the engine compartment I put a in
line see through gas filter. Most of the time there is not much or hardly any
gas visable and when I drive it it feels like it is starving for gas alot of the
time. Out of the pump at the Tee there is gas pumping when I crank it.I am
wondering if the pump just doesnt have enough pumping action when going at road
speeds. Question is should I not run an in line filter, and shouldnt the gas
filter be full?
  Another related question, Can I put a electric fuel pump just behind the gas
tank and have it push the gas from there. On my 65 Monza the gas line exits at
the bottom of the tank and the electric pump has gravity working with it to
supply the fuel pump. Pump does not have to pump gas up to it. On the
Rampside the fuel exits the tank at the top and has to be pumped upward to get
to the ele fuel pump. Will an ele pump work ok?
  Been working on this new project alot this spring and it is almost ready for
the road. New tune up stuff and rebuilt the carbs. Runs smooth but dont like the
80 HP after driving a much quicker 110. Put new shocks on all corners today, now
that was an adventure. (2 of 8 bottom bolts broke, welded in new nuts)

Anyone with any ideas what is a typacle condition I could sure use your advice.
I try not to ask for help till I`ve tried  hard first.

Pete Inman
65 Monza 110 Coupe
61 Rampside 3 speed