<VV> Stuck cylinders/valves

Karl Haakonsen cityhawk at sprint.blackberry.net
Mon Apr 25 12:11:52 EDT 2011

Thanks to those who responded to my questions about these things. Sometimes, without explicit instructions about the simple things like this, I fear that I'm somehow missing something and don't want to force something that I'm expecting to go easily lest I break something.

I only had a few minutes to spend today, but I managed to get all the valves out of one head and did get the #1 cylinder off. I will need to work on the other cylinders some more to get them out.

For the valves, I just put a block of wood under the valve in question, then, using my trusty 13/16" deep impact socket, I smacked the top of each valve spring with a hammer. . Just took one smack on each valve and I was able to squeeze each spring to get the keepers off.

Karl in Boston
www.chezhawk.com/VairBlog