<VV> idle circuit repair tip

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 20:19:25 EDT 2011

The garage door opener wire may be too big. Evidently, the person
quoting the #10 guage stranded wire felt that size fit into the
passages best. Also, note that wire sizes are standardized. They all
must have the same current carrying capacity for the wire size, so
material and size of the strands should be close. So, any #10 stranded
wire should do it. Some are rated differently due to the type of
protective sheath the wire has on it.

Also, try blowing the circuits out with compressed air. Others have
said that has helped a poor running car run better. Pull the idle
mixture screw and blow it out, then put it back in.
Mark Durham