<VV> Idle circuit hole

RUSSELL DAVIS bluechipmach at verizon.net
Fri Apr 29 09:42:28 EDT 2011

OK I think I have this figured out . You trying to clean out the idle bleed hole in the venturi cluster GGG. I went out to the shop grabbed a carb, took out the cluster and starting measuring. The hole in top of the cluster is .080, however the hole in the bottom of the brass tube is .023 -.024. My carb was stopped up solid there. I had to use a dental pic to break thru the crude. (the .023 hardened gauge would not even begin to go thru). A pc of copper wire would be like peeing in the wind IMHO. Its too soft. You need a hard pin to "punch thru" the varnish.  After using the dental pic I followed up with the .023 gauge pin to finish the job.  Another problem is the distance from the top of the venturi to the bottom of the brass tube is 1-11/16" I couldnt find any drills that long ,in that size. Granted you could get one some where for lots of dough. However the gauge pins in that size are 2" lg and will work well IF you have something to hold
 onto it with. Maybe small vise grips. The pins cost $2.50 ea. bought individually from MSC. Now    if you like I will at no labor charge make a tool for you to do the job with. Just pay the $2.5 and about $ 4. ome thing for postage . Another thing you may try is a paper clip. I had one here, but it was too big. Gotta be .023-.024. Office supply?
Here are some pics of carb milled out
Russ Davis