<VV> Idle circuit hole

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Sat Apr 30 13:19:58 EDT 2011

At 09:42 AM 4/29/2011, RUSSELL DAVIS wrote:
>OK I think I have this figured out . You trying to clean out the
>idle bleed hole in the venturi cluster GGG. I went out to the shop
>grabbed a carb, took out the cluster and starting measuring. The
>hole in top of the cluster is .080, however the hole in the bottom
>of the brass tube is .023 -.024. My carb was stopped up solid there.
>I had to use a dental pic to break thru the crude. (the .023
>hardened gauge would not even begin to go thru).

I've always had decent luck with piano wire from the hobby shops,
available in a variety of sizes from rod down to nearly a hair if you
get serious.  You can break out the Dremel and cut a "bit" on the end
to help out.   I have a lot of Rochester H carbs on hand, always
manage to turn up what I need for whatever.  Difficult problem
children can get a soak in a can of lacquer thinner for a month to
aid their cooperation.

I have a double-end pin vise I use at work with piano wire probes in
each end, been using it for years on circuit boards.  Piano wire is
some fairly tough stuff.

tony..