<VV> Corvair Plane Crashall - obviously it's the Corvair design !!!!!

Charles Lee chaz at properproper.com
Sat Apr 30 00:34:05 EDT 2011

I believe this pilot, who is fairly local to me, crashing just about 10
miles south of here, was NOT running auto fuel, but aviation fuel, and
reportedly did not have any ethanol content.

I'm not certain of the advantages or disadvantages of ethanol (for the
engine), but it seems if it's disadvantage is exacerbated in flight, then it
may not be as good for engines as they try to make us believe ?

Even more so, for older cars that have components that can be compromised by
ingredients found in newer fuels ?

I don't know the guy but he crashed on a road that I use for mountain biking
on my route around Lake Skinner.
There is a sign by this lake prohibited "body contact" in the lake, so it's
a good thing he didn't land in it, or no one could rescue him ;>}) ?

He's OK though, and now truly belongs to the Corvair club having had his
'Corvair" flip over for no reason at all - obviously it's the Corvair design
!!!!!

Charlie