<VV> LM steering box shims

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Mon Aug 1 16:14:49 EDT 2011

In a message dated 8/1/2011 12:54:40 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net writes:

The  CX3810 is out of stock. The box I took apart very carefully has NO
shims in
it. If someone could describe the general dimensions(ID OD), I'd make a
washer
(.063-.069) to get the .002 or so required . I assume they are  washers
with a
dia. big enough to slip over the CX 3809 shaft, but not to  bind the
adjusting
motion.

MIKE KOVACS

Mike,
it's been years...but as I remember that is a kit of different thickness
shims . it's a trial and error to get the spec'd clearance.
Regards,
Bob Helt