<VV> LM steering box shims

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Mon Aug 1 16:53:57 EDT 2011

fastvair dropped from my reply, they don't listen to me.... Another case of
a non-member being treated differently than a member-go figure. ggg

The shim OD is the same as the OD of the adjusting screw head. The ID would
be to allow the shim to screw down the threads and stay in the non-threaded
area of the adjusting screw just below the head.

I am away from my steering box parts right now (at work), so I cannot
measure one. I do not recall ever taking a box apart and not seeing a shim
under the adjusting screw head.

Frank DuVal