<VV> Viton O ring life

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Thu Aug 4 00:36:54 EDT 2011

In a message dated 8/3/2011 8:49:29 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
scout1977 at hotmail.com writes:

A  scientific answer -  Vintons last until they start leaking!
Ray "Smart  A" Davis

At least Bobby did! - <grin>

The problem with reuse of any O-ring is the same as an original
installation. It is quite possible to slice the OD of an O-ring on a sharp  edge
during the dual installation (inner and outer). It is also possible to  damage it
while removing it. I would not reuse an O-ring if I have to remove it  from
the tube. If the tube is remaining captured in the head, and everything is
clean and easy to inspect, just re-lube them and re-install the tube. But
if you  have to muscle the O-ring off either end of the tube, you are asking
for a tear  or scar. In that case replace them

Seth Emerson