<VV> 140 Exhaust

Bob Dunahugh yenko108 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 5 14:52:16 EDT 2011

No matter how you cut it. All Corvair exhaust systems are vary restrictive. The intake side isn't to good either. Headers are of great help. And with quiet mufflers, the sound can be reduced. The next step is to bore out your H carbs.  Rejeting is then required. When you advance to the next levels be on that, cam changes are required. My Goodyear 69 Yenko Stinger has sleeved carbs with I think 92 jets. An idea that is around 2200 RPM, cleaned out intake runners, and slant port exhaust tubes. I have found that the slant ports don't seem to help much until you get above 6800 RPM, and be on. The car isn't good in autocross or road course events. It was build to test 13 inch tires for Ford of Australia, from 130 to 140 MPH. Goodyear has a 5 mile high bank oval that this car is good on.  In short, minor changes are the best to keep that Vair fun on the streets.  Bob Dunahugh   YS99, YS101, YS108, and YS9700.