<VV> 140 Exhaust

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 19:56:55 EDT 2011

Joe, I wanted to put a 140 exhaust on my 62, so I bought a set of 140
manifolds and put them on first, then the exhaust fits. I did notice a
little difference in performance by using a less restrictive exhaust
system on the 62 102, but noticed a big difference when I converted it
to a 64 110 with .030 pistons, cylinders, and a 270 Isky camshaft. I
also mildly ported the intake and exhaust ports a bit. All this, still
with the 62 carbs, and roller rockers, added quite a bit of power in
all ranges. Low end, I hear is much better for the 110 engine than the
102, and when you get the throttle plate out of the way, the 270
really breathes. Its a good all around engine. Mark Durham