<VV> Starting help!

Joe Hennerfeind hennerfeind_joe at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 5 15:16:29 EDT 2011

Guys, thanks for the input on the 140 exhaust.  I was asking because a guy I know is selling some u tubes and I was trying to determine if they were for a 140 or 110.

Now, new issues!  If you all remember, I bought a rebuilt 140 to put into my 66 110 PG car.  The motor had a manual bellhousing attached, but i swapped it out for the PG and remembered to remove the pilot bushing.

Here is my issue - I am finally getting it to start (after figuring out the distributor was 180 off).  Now it is starting, but it is in Drive and I can't get it into neutral or reverse for that matter.  Now, I did pull out the shifter lever when I removed the transaxle.  Also, I know there is not enough tranny fluid in it yet as I think the torque converter lost some.  Did I install the cable wrong?  I can get it running with a little gas pedal, and when i move the shifter through the gears I am not getting anything.

Help!