<VV> Pilot bearings

Bob Dunahugh yenko108 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 8 00:07:00 EDT 2011

I'm getting rid of my Corvair parts. I have all the parts I need to restore our first Corvair. It's a 64 Spyder convert. that we bought in 67. And one of my Yenko's. This weekend I was checking out my extra bell housings. I don't know if this has been discussed in the passed years. But, 25 years ago my daughter's 66 Corsa was going threw pilot bearings every 6000 miles. I found the problem was the bell housing. Out of the 16 that I checked yesterday, 2 were caved in about .030 to .042. 6 were at around .008 and the rest were .001 to .004. I never put a bell housing in without decking the engine side. Maybe this can help someone. Bob Dunahugh.