<VV> Convention and VV

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Mon Aug 8 08:38:18 EDT 2011

It sure must have been a well run convention. No sour grapes from entrants
in the events, no griping about the hotel, banquet, etc.  Quite refreshing.
I wonder how the attendance stacked up. I've never been to a Central
Convention, but the Western ones (Flagstaff and Lake Tahoe) seemed to be as
well attended as the ones in the East (Williamsburg, Daytona,Carlisle and
Buffalo) that I've been to.

Smitty goes to all of them, so his observations would be more comprehensive.

As for the VV Meeting---no shot at the current Chair or Vairorg, but when I
was Chairman I  worked closely with the committee for Flagstaff and Carlisle
to get a time on the schedule when there wasn't anything else going on, and
also tried to get it to be the last meeting of the evening, so afterwards
the members can sit around, toss back some suds or sodas and chew the fat.
Having VV meeting the same night as say, the Miss Buffalo Cruise guaranteed
a low turnout. In Lake Tahoe, we had to get out of the room because
Corvanatics had the last meeting, and VVers who were also in Corvanatics
couldn't go out and mingle as their meeting started immediately after VV.

Hank