<VV> Convention and VV

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Sun Aug 7 16:42:42 EDT 2011

Smitty Says:  Just got home from the convention last night.  No I'm not
slow.  Just lots of "side trip" miles between here at the East coast and
Denver.  Finally getting around to reading VVs and haven't found any huge
rants about what a lousy convention it was.  I enjoyed it and It would
appear that everyone else did.  One thing I was really disappointed it was
the turn out for the VV meeting.  The numbers were way down.  I always like
to go, just to connect faces to the names that appear on the forum through
the year.  Just because you aren't as charming , popular, or important as I
am doesn't mean I wouldn't want to meet you.  Come to the annual meeting
next time.
Keeping my eyes open and reading name tags while strolling the parking lots
and vendors spaces I was able to find quite a few "old timers" on my own to
talk too.  Guys with experience who run their own shops and have experience
in the "hands on" and make a buck part of the Corvair experience.  The kind
of guys we really need for correct answers to questions.  Most of them said,
No, I don't do VV anymore.  Too much nit picking and BS.
How Sad