<VV> Convention Announcements

Jay Pitchford jay.pitchford at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 07:21:30 EDT 2011

Bryan,

I would agree, there's plenty of drivel over at CC, but they mark it off
topic (OT) and you can choose to read it or not. In all fairness, I prefer
the style/layout at CC more, but the reason is it allows me to selectively
read what's pertinent, rather than have to wade through emails laced with
cheap shots or the contents of a narrow-minded VVer's spleen dump.

I don't feel CORSA sucks, nor do I think all the VV users are nasty or
stupid ... far from it. I have the utmost respect for virtually everyone on
VV (yes, even Smitty), as many have been involved with Corvairs and CORSA
for decades, and the collective knowledge of such veterans helps keep these
wonderful cars on the road.

Truth be told, I don't even mind if it occasionally strays off into the
weeds and we kick around religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin ... as
long as it doesn't degenerate into cheap shots, stereotyping, or disrespect
for segments/regions of our membership. Learning about each other's
viewpoints beyond Corvairs can help deepen friendships and the sense of
community, even if we disagree, provided nobody's hurling verbal molotov
cocktails ... unless it's a good LM vs EM argument!

Smitty's question, removing the cheap shot, about west coast attendance was
a fair one. Problem is, if you deliberately ask it in a way that gets under
people's skin, it tears at the fabric of our little community. Do we really
need that?

Jay Pitchford