<VV> venturi fuel drip

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Fri Aug 12 18:30:26 EDT 2011

After receiving such great advise on the starting problem on my '63
Monza I was able to get the engine going but noticed after the engine is
shut down, looking down the carb venture on the right carb I see gas
continuing to drip for several minutes.  I pulled the carb apart but did
not see anything out of the normal.  Would this possibly be due to the
float sticking or a faulty needle valve?
Thanks once again.
Clyde

Yes it MAY!... But also  HIGH fuel pressure will push right past the inlet valve.

GM  called   for up to 6-7 psi  on the 60's..

 With today's fuels.... many find 2-4 psi works best....  no drips and higher fuel mileage.

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Patio
http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages