<VV> Mitty 2012 entrants:

James P. Rice ricebugg at mtco.com
Sat Aug 13 17:19:53 EDT 2011

All:  The 22 folks on Rick's list who have made a commitment to try and be
at April's vintage race at Road Atlanta is impressive.  If most are able to
attend and participate on track, it will indeed be the most Stingers and/or
Corvair race cars ever at a public event.

Almost looks like the Performance Corvair Group will be meeting there!

Just out of curiosity, I went back into my scrap book of events I've
attended.  None of them were public events, but private track day get
togethers.  Near as I can tell there have been two events near this
potential size.  In 1992 22 cars attended the Racers Reunion at Blackhawk
Farms in northern Illinois.  This event, if I remember correctly, was
organized by Warren LeVeque, and  was the first ever such event under
"CORSA's umbrella".  The other really large turnout was at the Yenko Reunion
in 2006 in Ohio, organized by Mark Gillespie with lots of help from Bob
Coffin, Jim Schardt, Dan Giannotti and I'm sure others I either don't
remember or didn't know about.  I don't think CORSA, other than some of the
members being very involved, had any fingerprints on it.  Thirty cars turned
timed laps, with another 11 cars became non-functioning before time laps
were started. There may have been some shared drives at both events.  But
they are both impressive numbers.

The Stinger Reunion Jim Schardt organized at Mid-Ohio in 1996 had a fair
number of cars out also in a public event.  I think it was about a dozen or
so.  I think some of the track days at Lime Rock had more cars turning timed
laps.

But since the requirements for a private track day and a sanctioned public
vintage race are different, if everybody is able to participate at the 2012
Mitty, it will indeed be something to see.

I hope to attend with cameras in hand.

Historically Yours,
			James Rice