<VV> internally regulated alternator source/price?

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 14 15:09:00 EDT 2011

Hi Ray,
You will need a Corvair alternator along with the correct fan. You will also need the alternator/oil filter adaptor plate. I like to use the side bracket and modify it to fit the internal regulated back half of the alternator. You will need the 2 wire pigtail connector with some extra wire. I preferred using the back half of an alternator from a midsized GM car of the 80's. Sources would include self serve junkyards (my favorite) but these cars are not so common anymore. Another source would be the Corvair swap meet events (conventions, homecoming, fan belt toss, etc.). And of course our vendors,ebay, or craigslist. This stuff is not so common anymore but still plentiful.
Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado 81301