<VV> MC adjustment

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 14 22:41:46 EDT 2011

I had my single replaced with a dual.  I later found out that the
pushrod adjustment wasn't  ....  well ... adjusted.
Anyway, the Monza always got terrible gas mileage (in the 12's and
13's) and sounded like there was something rubbing every half
revolution of the tires in the rear.
I tried adjusting the star wheels, checking the round on the drums,
using brake cleaner to clean the inside of the drums, replaced every
spring and shoe ....   Nothing worked until I adjusted the pushrod.
Problem solved.  Now, I get 16-20 mpg.

Ya live and ya learn...

Stephen Upham
'65 Monza hardtop 110 PG