<VV> 175 vs 185 13" Tires

peter koehler pkoehler01 at atlanticbb.net
Mon Aug 15 13:14:34 EDT 2011

tires are smaller than the original 6.50 tires that came
on Corvairs. However, the CORSA Concours Rules seem to
point to 175 as the correct size rather than the "more
correct in my mind" 185x80R13 size. I was told that my
1963 Monza sedan is no longer factory stock because I
replaced the tires with 185's. AACA doesn't agree and
awarded the car Certification as a Historic Preservation
of a Stock Corvair automobile.

The 175's work fine and the price is reasonable. Anybody
wanna buy them???? - Caveman Pete