<VV> Early Model Battery

Ray Davis scout1977 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 15 13:51:13 EDT 2011

I would stick with COSTCO!  I have used the 51R from Walmart.  They do not last past the two year warranty.  I just tried to take one back for replacement this AM!  They would not take it back because they said this one was a replacement from a past purchase.  That being the case, I have had two to fail within their two year life expectancy.  I usually have a battery tender on them which may or may not be the problem.  I have older batteries that still have the juice to start a Corvair.  I have also had a COSTCO failure on a V8 Scout.  However, it sat outside for a couple of winters and at times the plow would drag it down.  No more Walmart batteries for me.  I think the ones at COSTCO are less expensive.  You do have to take the core to the tire shop for the refund.  No hassle.

Ray Davis

P Think Green! Please do not print this e-mail unless absolutely necessary.