<VV> Corvair trim differences

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 01:10:16 EDT 2011

Hello all,

     I was talking Corvairs with a friend tonight when I suddenly realized
that I don't know what Corvair models (early) had the bright trim around the
belt line that went all the way down the side of the car.  I did know that
the trim that ends halfway down denotes that the car is a 700... but I never
took note of which cars had the trim that didn't end halfway.

     I looked through my literature..... and couldn't quite nail it down for
sure but here is what I came up with:

60-61 700 series has full length belt trim
62-63 700 series has half length belt trim
64' the only 700 was the sedan and it looks like it had no belt trim??

500's and Monza's don't appear to have ever had belt trim... is this true?
So ALL Corvairs with beltline trim are 700 series?

What about Wagons, same rules apply or different?  Same rules always apply
to 2 vs 4 door cars as well?

I take pride in my ability to tell the various models and years apart, I
appreciate any info =)

--
Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez
Lake Ariel, PA