<VV> Electrics rebuilders

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue Aug 16 10:56:29 EDT 2011

In a message dated 8/16/2011 7:04:52 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
vairologist at cox.net writes:

The  rotors/armatures go in that big box there.  The cases go in that big
box  there.  After reconditioning the parts are reassembled in the order they
 are plucked out of the box.  To him a rotor was a rotor and a case was a
case.
This may not be true of all rebuilders, but I would bet it is more  common
than most would think.

That is probably true, Smitty. We are lucky to have a couple of small
company rebuilders locally where you can bring them a unit and have it rebuilt,
usually in half a day. They give you back yours, fully tested. They will
also do  the parts substitution upgrade as well. A guy in my club just had his
37  AMP unit rebuilt/upgraded to a 70+ amp unit. The two items you still
have to  check are the fan rotation and the clocking of the rear housing,
which allows  the correct installation of the mounting support. They did a
starter for my  wife's Oldsmobile in half a day a few years ago. Pep Boys
couldn't figure out  what unit to supply! The rebuilders are valued resources.

Seth Emerson

C's the Day! -  Corvair, Camaro, Corvette
San Jose, CA