<VV> Corvairs and fuel economy

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 02:27:42 EDT 2011

Greetings Vairfolk,

Tonight on my way home I got to thinking about how fuel costs are so
drastically effecting my life... primarily in that I need to really think
twice before driving any distance for recreational purposes.  Currently a
round trip to the nearest shopping center costs me nearly $10 in gasoline!
(around 20mpg).

I own and drive ONLY Corvairs, and I wouldn't have it any other way (except
maybe a tow vehicle to bring new ones home with!), but the mileage isn't
fantastic and I have to run premium to avoid pinging.  I know a lot of the
strategies from the econo-run events won't translate over well to real world
driving but I figure you guys must have learned some tricks that can be
applied to a daily driver.

So let's have it!  How can we get maximum MPG from our Corvairs with minimal
investment?  Since the whole point is economy let's try to avoid any costly
modifications, or at least put them at the bottom of the list =)  What kind
of mileages have you attained and by what methods?

--
Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez
Lake Ariel, PA