<VV> Answering Posts

BBRT chsadek at comcast.net
Thu Aug 18 14:27:33 EDT 2011

>From a friend.. maybe some folks could read this an apply as they see fit.

What you said about not considering the content of later posts is true.
Later posts often shed light on the question asked in the original.  It
is also true though that sometimes the know it alls have taken part of
the original out of context or decided to take exception to a mis-spelled
word and that leaves the later post no longer germane to the original
question. Changing the subject line or modifying it helps, too.

Along that same line I have a real beef with those who won't do the work
to clean up a post and condense it down to the pertinent parts, but
instead will repeat a half page rant when one line would do.

I think that is how most of the firestorms get started on VV.  Three or
 four people repeat a whole page 'cause they are too lazy to clean it up
and to some people all they see is that everyone on the forum has gone
nuts over the subject.

I wrote to xxxxx one time offering to show him how to delete sections of
a post and he told me it was none of my business and that he wouldn't
stop repeating whole posts even if he knew how.