<VV> Battery Life - JC Penney

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Fri Aug 19 00:24:44 EDT 2011

In a message dated 8/18/2011 6:19:13 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
gjjs at att.net writes:

I had  one years ago.  After JC penny went under, Firestone took over the
warranty stuff.  When i took the bad JCP battery to Firestone, I  needed
the
original receipt and the title to the car to since the  guarantee was "as
long as
you owned the car".   That was many  years ago.  I still have the car but
seem to have lost the battery so I  can't say if they are still honoring
those
guarantees.
When JC Penney left the Auto service business, they wrote a big check to
fund an annuity that would supply Firestone Stores with the funds to replace
the  JC Penney "Forever" batteries . . . forever? I paid $45 for my battery,
and  the receipt just said "Corvair". Well, that made things pretty easy. I
 replaced it once at a Penny's auto center, then about three times at
Firestone stores. Those stores usually gave me a fairly nice Interstate battery
as a replacement. Each one lasted 5-6 years. I hate to admit it, but I sold
the  Corvair with the last of that line of batteries in it about 5-6 years
ago.

I want to add that my 1996 Camaro originally came with a 7 year  Delco
battery. It lasted almost exactly 7 years (okay, mild-life in Northern
California, and driven almost every day). I replaced it with another 7 year  Delco,
and it was still going strong when the car went to a friend, at least 4
years later. It might still be going strong.

Seth Emerson