<VV> Convention Funds

Bob Dunahugh yenko108 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 19 01:27:17 EDT 2011

 I wish to thank Central Division Director Mike Hall for trying to find out how much was donated by Iowa Corvair Enthusiast and Corvair of Minnesota last summer at the 2010 Corsa Convention. The two chapters gave to Corsa, their half of the convention profits. ( Host clubs usually keep their half ). At the Corsa board meeting, in Denver, Mike Hall asked Jamie Reinhart, the Prez. of Corsa, if the two clubs could find out what the amount, that was donated back to Corsa amounted too. And what has been the final use of the $5,000. that I personally raised, on my own time from the city of Cedar Rapids. Jamie told Mike and the Corsa board that the prez. of ICE had been informed of this amount, and basically, that was that, onto the next issue. Iowa Corvair Enthusiast  ( ICE ) has been trying to find out this information  since January, to no avail. I was told by the Prez., VP, treasurer and other members of ICE that NO ONE had been given any figures from the officers of Corsa. The reason I was given the task of sending this request, is that, I was the Chair of the 2010 convention, thus, my job. ( So, Don't shoot the messenger ) It is NOT my fault that the requests to the officers of Corsa, went  unanswered. I personally feel that this is a travesty that the two clubs have to bag to get this info after all that they have done for Corsa. ( A Thank You to the club Corsa members and none Corsa members would have been nice ) The reason I'm sending this to VV, is that Jamie said he didn't want to talk to me on this issue, thus closing that door. He looks at VV. I was the chair, and was asked to handle this Issue and complete my job. Corsa is a great group of people. I've been a member since 1986. I have always supported Corsa. Chaired two regional's, and one international convention. Helped on two special interest Communique's. Been a Corsa Director. The members that volunteer, need YOUR help to make Corsa last a long time. If you volunteer to serve a term as a director. It can be rewarding. But do the job you said you'd do. Show up or move over for someone that will. As member, if you have an idea, bring it up. Don't call the board stupid. To the officers of Corsa, don't beat up the people when they help. Jamie said that he didn't understand my concept of team work.  In sports, and many things. Team work is everything. Teams that demonstrate team work are winners. Make Corsa a winner.       Bob Dunahugh        2010 Convention Chair.   One of the founders of ICE  in 1987.    Former Corsa Director.