<VV> Generator replacement not working

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 16:20:53 EDT 2011

I'd just about bet it is the voltage regulator or the voltage regulator
plug.

I've had issues with that plug not being seated properly and causing this,
pull it off, inspect it, and put it back on making absolutely sure it is
fully and properly seated, then check it again.  The plug I'm referring to
is the wide flat one that plugs into the voltage regulator on the firewall
in front of the engine on the drivers side.

If the plug doesn't fix it, the regulator probably needs to be replaced or
rebuilt.  Be sure to do the test suggested by Matt Nall to make sure the
alternator is not damaged, but since it is a "known good" unit it is
probably fine.

Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez III
Lake Ariel, PA

--