<VV> Advice on PCV needed

Bob Tarpenning bobtcars at att.net
Sun Aug 21 10:12:09 EDT 2011

I had a problem with idle with the A/C on.  If the car was idling and I
turned the A/C on it would die instantly.  I also had to turn the idle
screws out 2 1/2 turns to get good idle with the A/C off. After checking
everything else I checked the pcv.  It had the early type with the pcv valve
in the hose.  I pulled it off and installed the late style with the orifice
in the metal tube.  Now it idles great even with the A/C on.  I also had to
turn the idle screws in for a good idle.  They are out about 1 1/2 turns
now, the usual amount.
Bob T