<VV> FW: A Grounding problem heads up

jimster1 jimster1 at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 21 16:19:35 EDT 2011

Why not just solder a ground wire to each socket and eliminate the problem
forever.  It's not that difficult.  I did that when I converted my back up
lights to tail\turn\brake lights.  A pleasant side effect is if you need a
trouble light in the engine room at night, you can just pop one of the
sockets out of the light assemble and you've got a nice bright light to
change your fan belt by.
Jim

The moral of the story?  When reassembling tail lights and other various
lights
that worked just fine when disassembled but  have sat awhile,  (inside a
heated
garage, even!!!)    There is no gurantee they'll work when reassembled!!!
ouble and triple  check those  grounds BEFORE assembly !!!!