<VV> Clark's fuel pumps

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 22 15:50:54 EDT 2011

                                   B"H

Bob:  I purchased a "better" stock style fuel pump from Clark's last fall.  After a couple of weeks it started to stink raw gas just like the other, cheaper ones did.  This one was fastened together with hex screws, not slotted-head screws, giving the impression that it was of better quality.

After failure after failure of existing new stock fuel pumps, I finally went with an electric unit and haven't had a problem since.

I'd recommend installing the electric pump just under the gas tank under the car.  There's a rubber hose that you can use to insert the new pump.  It's a pain in the butt to install, but once it's done, just wire it up and forget it.  Electric pumps are more efficient if they don't have to suck the gas from the tank to the engine compartnment, they are supposed to better at pushing fuel than pulling it.

My new '66 had a stock pump, and guess what, after 4 days of owning the car?  The pump quit.  I'm transferring my electric pump from the wrecked '69 to the '66.

Best regards...Bill Hershkowitz 66 Monza Sport Sedan 110 PG