<VV> Tailgate Height (was: loadside trucks)

Joel McGregor joelsplace at earthling.net
Tue Aug 23 16:33:17 EDT 2011

The height of new trucks is insane.  I guess they think it's cool but I can't imagine how it could be useful.  I guess they figured out that most new trucks aren't actually used as trucks.  It seems to be a competition to see how useless they can make them.
I've been thinking about lowering my '93 1500 to make it easier to load things and it's already far lower than any new truck I've seen.  I think the '93 is higher than my '81 1/2 ton Silverado.

Joel McGregor