<VV> VERY HANDY RAMPSIDE (my ramblins)

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Tue Aug 23 20:23:40 EDT 2011

i have hauled a thousand pounds of fishing lead at a time , by myself ,
with a hand cart and a rampy.
i also hauled 3  50 gallon drums of gas at a time for my boat. rolled  the
drums to the dock , and siphoned gas to the boat with a gas hose and  nozzle.
the rampy rides very soft (tires?)  when loaded that heavy. it is  still
very solid , no signs of "weakness" on the roads . I drive it almost every
day. it goes to casual shows nearby without much cleanup ( my shoulders do not
 like pushing a rag any more ).People still like to look it over and
comment  about it.
as i understand it , my rampy , and 3 others were sold at the nationals in
Seattle by a retiring plumber. i use it hard , but do not abuse it.
there is a very rough Loadside at a local U PULL IT yard in East  Syracuse
NY .
i am presently rebuilding a very nice loadside from the west coast for a
friend here.
but i love the rampy concept.  there is an article in the may 1984
communique about Bob Marlow's  (adventures?) ride home with it , before i
purchased it shortly after.
Regards, Tim Colson
63 Rampy
64 A/C monza