<VV> Heater/blower question (1963 Spyder)

Kerry Born grandpacorvair at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 24 12:29:56 EDT 2011

Hi,
Got the blower motor out with no problem BUT..it wasn't bad!

Should have disconnected it and tried the switch b/4 I pulled the motor out...hindsight is 20/20.

In any case, with the motor out, turning the fan motor switch on still blows the fuse. I am at a bit of a loss as to how the switch is wired
and how the circuit develops the three speeds. I'd prefer having at least a basic understanding before I go digging any further. Somewhere
along the line something shorted!

Thanks for any insight,

Kerry

P.S. I do have the service manuals but can't quite wrap my mind around the wiring diagrams..