<VV> Ignition Wiring Question

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 10:16:21 EDT 2011

Bill, The original setup is 12 volts at startup (bypass the resister)
and 6 volts thru the resister for normal running.  However, there are
lots of systems out there that run 12 volts all the time with a 12
volt coil installed.
I'm running a pertronix II, and have removed the reisitance wire from
the circuit and am running a 12 volt generic coil from my local FLAPS.
Runs great. I have plenty of spark at the plugs.
Mark Durham