<VV> clutch job

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sat Aug 27 12:04:21 EDT 2011

I agree with Matt. Best to disassemble and see what is needed instead of
winging it. These cars are 50 years old and many things were done to
keep them on the road over the years.

But, since you ordered the early flat flywheel parts, you can use them
also, just in a complete set. This "set" includes the throwout bearing
and ball pivot stud.

The throwout bearing must match the "flat set". The ball stud maybe, and
has it been changed to the "stepped set", or maybe a 64 or later diff
installed? (does the bottom of the diff have the transverse leave mount
holes).

If the diff or transmission was changed, the input shaft seal may need
to be the larger size than 61 had. Measure the ID of the new and old
seals to see.

Rain has started here. Still 4 Corvairs more than could fit into any
garage. Most away from trees. Wind to follow later. They did survive the
earthquake better than my house!

Frank DuVal
Fredericksburg, VA