<VV> Electrical gremlins with '63 vert

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sat Aug 27 23:55:13 EDT 2011

Found some residual sand in the brakelight switch connector - knocked
that out and I have brake lights again.

Still no turn signals, but I  hear some debris in there, too. I'll save
that for another  day.

Thanks for everyone's help! -John O'Harra

John - The turn signal filaments are fed from the steering column.  The
turn signal switch interrupts the feed from the brake light power and feeds
it's own voltage as interpreted by the flasher. So if the lights work as brake
 lights, but not as turn indicators, the problem is either inside or ahead
of the  steering column turn switch. I was trying to think of a component
inside the  passenger compartment more fragile and easier to contaminate than
the turn  signal switch - and I couldn't come up with one. I'll bet that
will take some  cleaning out as well.

- Seth Emerson