<VV> viton pump cups

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 31 00:57:54 EDT 2011

Hi Seth,

Yes, IIRC there was a source - not sure if it was "The Source" (AKA David
H.) that had viton pump cups available.  Someone will likely let us know on
that point.

Further, and again IIRC, it seems to me that there were some questions about
using viton in this application.  They went along the lines of - potential
greater wear on metal components of the carb....  viton resists heat better
than neoprene (or whatever they are made of today - the black ones), but is
heat the problem in this application......   is viton more or less resistant
to modern gas than the current black stuff.....

I do not know the answers to any of the things above and I do not know what
(black VS brownish) substance goes into modern pump cups.  I'm hoping for
something (like modern 'rubber' fuel line) which is at least resistant to
the alcohol in the gas, but I simply do not know the answers here.  I'm also
hoping for a material that does not wear out the carbs rapidly.

Perhaps someone else on VV has looked into this more deeply than I and can
provide some appropriate suggestions.

Perhaps you would like to participate in a genetic experiment since you
already know the effect of alcohol on your body?
>GGGG>

Later, JR

CCE CORSA CORVANANTICS SCG member
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110