<VV> FROZEN MOTORs

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Wed Aug 31 06:19:31 EDT 2011

the wrist pins are a very sticky point for frozen motors. sometimes  they
do more to hold things back  than the rings / pistons  to  cylinders. Squirt
a lot of blaster in there , and in each cylinder. squirt it  around the top
and bottom of the cylinders . wait a few days for it to  migrate.  i will be
doing the exact same thing to 2 motors soon , a 66 95hp  , and a 64
greenbrier 110hp that are very rusty.  in fact this greenbrier i  am parting out
(in my spare? time ) is the rustiest  vehicle  i have  ever parted out. even
the transmission case is looking very bad.it is a bundle  of white corrosion
under there .I recently bought a harbor freight blowtorch  designed to use
on a propane tank for shrink wrapping boats , hoping to heat the  heads on
some of the bad motors i have. maybe that big flame will help. I  will be
jacking it up , and removing the powertrain soon. i have never seen a  corvair
so rusty , that the forward motor mounts fell out of the crossmember ,  and
the axles are all that hold the motor in...and only 53,000 miles on it. i
hope (small chance) the bearings and gears in the differential survived. front
 steering linkage looks good so far. i will be posting pictures of this
project  on the
cnycorvair.com    website soon.
regards, Tim Colson   playing junkyard dog again soon