<VV> RustBrier

peter koehler pkoehler01 at atlanticbb.net
Wed Aug 31 08:33:24 EDT 2011

I scrapped a Greenbrier a while back. It was parked on
dirt for many, many years. It sank into the ground to the
point that everything was rusted solid underneath. Even
the spare FC axle w/ bearing that was stored in the engine
compartment (under the floor) was rusted beyond use. I
waited at least ten years to get this bus and once it was
"released" all I could save was the DACC front license
plate. Oh yes, it was a 1964 with a correct FC engine in
it. There was no way that engine was going to be of any
use so I just left it in there and was happy to settle for
the scrap metal price. As I remember it took several hours
to extract this one from it's resting place and get it
loaded on my trailer. - Caveman Pete